A Coroa Presents its Wines in the United States
>>> New York and Cincinnati are the two US cities selected for the presentations on Monday and Wednesday this week
A Coroa’s commitment to the American public promotes this new presentation that, one more year, will be coordinated “in situ” by our commercial director, Cefe Fernández.
Our importer Skurnik Wines has chosen the cities of New York, today Monday, March 2, and Cincinnati, next Wednesday, March 4, to present two very special vintages: A Coroa 100% Godello 2018 and A Coroa 200 Cestos 2017.
From A Coroa we continue to show our commitment to the US market, in which our wines enjoy of a great prestige and a preferred position for the American consumer. Not surprisingly, A Coroa 100% Godello was selected as the best white wine of this variety in 2012 and 2017 by the prestigious newspaper The New York Times.
>>> The Selected Wines
The two selected wines, which will be commercialized throughout 2020 in the United States, correspond to two vintages acclaimed by most of the international wine sector and endorsed by the awards listed below:
A Coroa Godello 2018
– Decanter WorldWineAwards Platinum Medal, 97/100 points – Mundus Vini – Gold Medal (ALE)
– Gold in La Guía Vinos, Destilados y Bodegas de Galicia 2020 – 91 Points Peñín Wine Guide 2020
– Challenge International du Vin – Silver Medal (FRA) – 92 Points Kuiper
– International Wine Challenge – Bronze Medal (UK) – Gallaecia Awards 2019 – Distinguished
A Coroa 200 Cestos 2017
– International Wine Challenge – Gold Medal (UK), 96/100 – Decanter WWA 19 – Silver Medal
– Great Gold La Guía Vinos, Destilados y Bodegas de Galicia 2020 – 93 Points – Peñin Wine Guide 2020
– Gallaecia Awards 2019 – Distinguished
From A Coroa we want to show our firm conviction of participating in international contests of abundant competition and great exigency where the criterion and the autonomy of the critics are beyond doubt. The fact of competing with much selected wines is a fundamental factor for us when establishing new guidelines to improve, and thus, offer our customers the best of our work.
>>> PRODUCTION PHILOSOPHY
A Coroa winery has an international presence in over 20 countries on 4 continents.
In A Coroa we work every day to offer wines of the highest quality, as attested by the quality certificate of Galicia Calidade and Controlled Production – being the only winery worldwide producing Godello that is governed by a production control of its vineyards-.
We are convinced that the quality of a great wine starts in the vineyard. Therefore, and in accordance to our philosophy, all the grapes come solely from our vineyards of controlled production, which we supervise to the smallest detail when taking care of the vines and the fruit, being always environmentally friendly.